Hi! I’m Meg Bosse! And yes, that last name is pronounced “bossy.” I am a calligrapher and hand letterer located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I started my career in the event planning industry for my alma mater, The University of Michigan. My love for creating unique and personal details for each of my events led me on the journey to learn pointed pen calligraphy. I started by taking an online course in modern calligraphy and was hooked! I then invested in several in person classes focusing on Copperplate, Engrosser's Script and Spencerian.
In February 2018 my husband Karl and I welcomed our first child, Otto Riley Bosse, into the world. Things look a little bit different around here as I navigate being a new mama, but I am grateful to own a business I can operate out of my home so thatI can spend quality time with my son. I'm a true believer in creating and cultivating a life that you love - and for me that includes both my passion for owning my own business, calligraphy, and being a present spouse and mother.
For those of you Meyers-Briggs lovers out there, I’m an ESFJ-T, meaning I love to socialize, create deep and lasting connections with others and love to find ways to empower my friends and community. That said, I’d love to hear more about YOU and your wedding vision. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a time to chat!
A few other fun facts:
- I received a Bachelor in Fine Arts from the University of Michigan - my major was Theatre Design & Production and I wanted to be a Broadway Stage Manager!
- My first calligraphy class was in 2014. I took an online Modern Calligraphy class with the amazing Molly Jacques. I've been hooked ever since!
- I am also a wedding planner and designer with Ines & Marie Events. I absolutely love event planning and am so grateful that I get to have two amazing careers with such inspiring women!
- My husband Karl and I were in a skeeball league when we lived in Brooklyn, NY. Team name: Brew Kids on the Block. My roller name: Megatron.
- I'm a huge Michigan Wolverines fan. GO BLUE!
- I am ALWAYS on time. Or early. Really early. And I seem to make friends with people who are always late.
- I'm a podcast junkie. I go over some of my favorites in a blog post HERE!